Taxonomy and technical information for pests and natural enemies
1. Arthropod’s identification.
2. Information regarding biology and/or ecology of arthropods found in samples (behaviour, time of contamination, place of contamination…).
3. Quarantine species identification for official organisms.
4. Causal agent determination from damaged plants.
Courses and didactic guides for the development of new technologies in Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
1. Informational guides elaboration for identification of pests and natural enemies.
2. Methodological guides elaboration for sampling methods in field.
3. Technical monographs elaboration dealing with specific problems in pest control.
4. Formative courses for specific issues.
Assays and projects in open field and crops
1. Efficacy evaluation of biological control agents, both naturally occurring arthropods or marketable released arthropods.
2. Study of the functional diversity of an ecosystem.
3. Efficacy evaluation of (bio)pesticides ant their environmental impact.
4. Efficacy evaluation of traps, attractants, pheromones and other substances for pest control and monitoring.
5. Technology development for natural enemies application / release.
6. Development of monitoring methods for pests (stablished and invasive) and natural enemies.
7. New potentially marketable natural enemies prospections.
8. Technology design for natural enemies and pollinators increase.
9. Projects development for the practical application of the latest advances in biological pest control.